Landowners – Save the Dates!
SILT Showcase Days are back by popular demand. Designed for landowners who want to learn more about protecting their land to grow healthy food, every Showcase includes a farm tour, meal and presentations by the host, an attorney and an appraiser. All events are free and open to the public. Come with your questions or just listen to others.
What you’ll learn:
- The many different ways to protect your land
- What protection does to the land value
- How protecting your land can fit into estate planning
- How protecting land helps future generations of farmers
- Why SILT protection improves the environment and the economy
- Wed. June 21 – Rolling Acres Farm, Atlantic, 10 am – 2 pm, lunch included
- Wed. July 12 – Oak Savanna Mushroom and Veg, Garber, 10 am – 2 pm, lunch included
- Sun. Aug 13 – Abbe Hills Farm, Mt. Vernon, 2 pm – 5 pm followed by optional light supper
- Wed. Sept. 20 – Red Fern Farm, Wapello, 10 am – 2 pm, lunch included
RSVP to email@example.com so we can plan our meal together.