SILT is about securing a healthy food supply from the ground up – for good.
Permanently protecting land for sustainable food farming
- Increases the amount of fresh, ripe food in the Midwest.
- Permanently improves water and soil quality.
- Rebuilds our rural economy.
- Reintroduces farming that answers to its neighbors.
- Increases our independence from global forces.
- Reduces the cost of land for farmers.
- Increases diversity in our agricultural economy.
SILT farmers combine the wisdom of yesteryear with the technology of today.
If you share this vision, join today to build the grandest local foods movement in Iowa ever.
Please contact us with any questions.