Iowa is the epicenter of industrial agriculture. What we grow here affects what you eat, how nutritious it is and what impact growing it has on your environment.
The Sustainable Iowa Land Trust works with landowners to permanently protect Iowa land to grow healthy, natural table food here in the Heartland.
Our Impact is Clear:
- Cleaner water and healthier soils
- Young people and new Americans on farmland
- Diversified local economies
- Increased supply of fresh, organic food
- Mitigated climate change
- True opportunity in rural America
SILT is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. We accept donations from donor advised funds and foundations, gifts of appreciated stock and bequests in addition to checks and credit cards.