SILT is about securing a healthy food supply from the ground up – for good.
Permanently protecting land for sustainable food farming
- Increases the amount of fresh, ripe food in the Midwest.
- Permanently improves water and soil quality.
- Rebuilds our rural economy.
- Mitigates climate change.
- Reintroduces farming that answers to its neighbors.
- Increases our independence from global forces.
- Reduces the cost of land for farmers.
- Increases diversity in our agricultural economy.
If you share this vision, join today to build the grandest local foods movement in Iowa ever.
Please contact us with any questions.
Perspective from Raj Patel
SILT hosted international activist and bestselling author Raj Patel to speak to his film project showing Malawian farmers bringing climate change issues to Iowans. Farmer Denise O’Brien and Iowa City Mayor Jim Throgmorton joined Raj on stage for a discussion after his talk.